Screened Chemistry is an innovative method of assessing, scoring, and certifying textile chemicals for human and environmental health characteristics.
Many global fashion, apparel, and footwear brands are eliminating the discharge of hazardous chemicals via the ZDHC Programme. Several of these brands, led by Levi Strauss & Co, H&M, C&A, and NIKE have also selected Screened Chemistry as their preferred method for selecting safer chemicals.
As part of the Screened Chemistry effort, these brands are engaging with suppliers and chemical formulators to evaluate chemical formulations for Screened Chemistry certification while protecting chemical supplier proprietary ingredient information.
Compare Our Solutions
Scivera offers Screened Chemistry solutions for every type of organization. Whether your company is large or small, or somewhere in between, we have a solution that fits your needs. We have built our processes and products to deliver Screened Chemistry results in a fast and cost-effective way while protecting confidential formulation information. Explore which option might be best for your Screened Chemistry needs using the examples below:
Join these leaders in greener chemistry. Subscribe to SciveraLENS and certify your products.
Choose what’s right for you – we make it simple.
Less than 6 CASRNs
Screened Chemistry Services – there is a cost for our team to review every CASRN, which can quickly add up depending on how many unique CASRNs you need to be screened. But works great if you only have a few chemicals to screen.
More than 6 CASRNs
SciveraLENs Rapid Screen – a subscription service that allows you to screen any number of CASRNs for a flat rate. There is only ever an additional cost for certifications.
Screened Chemistry Process Overview
The Screened Chemistry process follows 4 main steps:
- Confidential Full Formulation Disclosure
- Priority Chemical List screen
- Positive Chemical List screen
- Verified Comprehensive Hazard Assessment
Screened Chemistry Scoring
Based on results of these steps, each ingredient and impurity in the formulation receives a Screened Chemistry score from 0 to 50, as well as an overall Screened Chemistry score from 0 to 50 for the formulation. The higher the Screened Chemistry score, the more preferred the chemical or formulation.
Submitting Your Products for Certification
Whether you choose our Screened Chemistry Services or take advantage of a Rapid Screen subscription, your first step will be to complete a confidential full formulation disclosure through our easy to use Screened Chemistry Submission Form. We will confirm this information with you and begin the Screened Chemistry assessment and certification process.
For Screened Chemistry scoring and certification, the product information form will ask for the following:
- Basic information about each (i.e., product name, etc.)
- Confidential Full Formulation Disclosure (including sub-supplier formulations) (by chemical and concentration)
- All intentionally added chemicals at any concentration
- Any impurities (e.g., residuals, byproducts, etc) present in final formulation at 100 ppm (0.01%) or greater
- Any chemicals present as impurities at any concentration and also listed on the ZDHC MRSL
- Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and Technical Data Sheet (TDS) for each product or products
- Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for any sub-supplier mixtures or chemicals in your product or products
- Polymer Assessment Form for any polymers in your product or products
- Signed Disclosure and Declaration of Accuracy Form
Scivera’s powerful software platform assists in gathering this information including sub-supplier ingredients while protecting confidential ingredient information.