Screened Chemistry for Commodity Chemicals
Welcome to the Screened Chemistry for Commodity Chemicals Program
Screened Chemistry Brands are requiring suppliers (i.e., mills, laundries, and other facilities) to screen commodity chemicals used in processes for the presence of ZDHC MRSL analytes.
Over the coming months, these brands will be requiring all suppliers to make use of a fast and cost-effective Screened Chemistry for Commodity Chemicals (“SC for CC”) certification process that these brands have developed for this step in the program.
Scivera (USA) is collaborating with NimkarTek Technical Services Pvt Ltd. (India) to provide cost-effective and efficient screening, scoring, certification, and data management processes for Screened Chemistry Brand facilities.
The Scivera-NimkarTek process for screening and certifying textile commodity chemicals is authorized by Screened Chemistry Brands.
If you are a supplier to Screened Chemistry Brands, please follow the steps detailed below for the screening of your commodity chemicals.
- Download the Scivera Screened Chemistry for Commodity Chemicals (“SC for CC”) Application, or
- Use the SC for CC online platform (coming soon) to create an account for your company.
- Enter information into the downloaded form or online form (coming soon) for each commodity chemical from all suppliers.
- Send the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org or confirm the online completed application form (coming soon).
- Scivera will send a quote and Chemical Sample Transmittal document for the requested SC for CC services.
- Review the Scivera SC for CC Sample Transmittal document, which includes information for preparing and shipping chemical samples to the NimkarTek Laboratory.
- Prepare a sample of each commodity chemical as per instructions provided in the Sampling Guide.
- Pack and ship the commodity chemical samples to the NimkarTek Laboratory.
View an Example Completed SC for CC Transmittal for CC Samples
Download the SC for CC Sampling Guidelines
Scivera will generate results for each sample and share via your SciveraLENS® SC for CC account. Scivera will also share results with the requesting Screened Chemistry Brand.
Have questions? Please email email@example.com.
Learn about Scivera’s Screened Chemistry Certification for Textile Auxiliary chemical products.
Example List of SC for CC Chemicals requiring screening, scoring, and certification -- Guidance Only -- Other chemicals may qualify as commodity chemicals. Ask Scivera.
CASRN [Commodity Chemical Name]
64-19-7 [ACETIC ACID]
7783-20-2 [AMMONIUM SULFATE]
7778-54-3 [CALCIUM HYPOCHLORITE]
7772-98-7 [CALCIUM HYPOCHLORITE]
77-92-9 [CITRIC ACID]
7722-84-1 [HYDROGEN PEROXIDE]
7786-30-3 [MAGNESIUM CHLORIDE]
144-62-7 [OXALIC ACID]
7664-38-2 [PHOSPHORIC ACID]
9002-89-5 [POLYVINYL ALCOHOL]
1310-58-3 [POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE]
7722-64-7 [POTASSIUM PERMANGANATE]
497-19-8 [POTASSIUM PERMANGANATE]
5968-11-6 [POTASSIUM PERMANGANATE]
6132-02-1 [SODIUM CARBONATE (Soda Ash)]
7647-14-5 [SODIUM CHLORIDE]
7775-14-6 [SODIUM HYDROSULFITE]
1310-73-2 [SODIUM HYDROXIDE (Caustic Soda)]
7681-52-9 [SODIUM HYDROXIDE (Caustic Soda)]
7681-52-8 [SODIUM HYPOCHLORITE]
7681-57-4 [SODIUM METABISULFITE]
15630-89-4 [SODIUM PERCARBONATE]
7775-27-1 [SODIUM PERSULFATE]
1344-09-8 [SODIUM SILICATE]
7757-82-6 [SODIUM SULPHATE]
10102-17-7 [SODIUM THIOSULFATE]