1. Intended Audience.
This website is intended for use by residents of the United States who are at least thirteen (13) years of age. You agree that by using this site, you represent that you are at least 13 years old. SciVera and its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives will not be held responsible for or incur any liability for any user under the age of 13 or any adult responsible for such a user.
2. Copyright Notice.
3. Trademark Notice.
Certain names, logos, and other materials (for example, SciVera) displayed on this website are trademarks, tradenames, service marks or logos (collectively, the “Marks”) owned by or licensed to SciVera in the United States. You are not authorized to use any such Marks without the prior written consent of SciVera. All trademarks and service marks that appear in these pages are the property of their respective owners and are used solely to refer to those companies’ goods and services.
Address any inquiries concerning usage of SciVera trademarks or copyrights to:
PO Box 142
Charlottesville, VA 22902
webmaster [at] scivera.com
4. No License.
Nothing contained on this site should be understood as granting you a license to use any of the trademarks, service marks, logos, patents, copyrights or any other intellectual property owned by SciVera or any third party.
5. User Content.
6. Rules Of Site Use.
If you use this site, including participation in and future chat rooms and forums or by submissions of e-mails or other information via this site, you must follow a few simple rules:
- You may not post, upload or transmit any messages or materials anonymously or under a false name or false e-mail address.
- While we do not seek to limit expression of ideas, certain materials and language will not be tolerated. You may not post, upload or transmit any material or links to materials that is libelous, defamatory, false, obscene, indecent, lewd, pornographic, violent, abusive, threatening, harassing, discriminatory, in violation of the law or that constitutes hate speech.
- You may only post, upload or transmit materials for which you have the copyright or other permission to distribute electronically. You may not violate, plagiarize, or infringe on the rights of third parties, including copyright, trademark, trade secret, privacy, personal, publicity, moral or proprietary rights. You promise and represent that any posted, uploaded, included or transmitted materials will be owned by you or in the public domain.
- This site can only be used for non-commercial purposes. You cannot distribute or otherwise publish any material containing any solicitation of funds, advertising or solicitation for goods and services.
- You may not post, upload or transmit any software or other material which contains a virus or other harmful code or device. You may not use this site to distribute chain letters, mass mailings or “spam” or to gather e-mail addresses for the purpose of sending “spam” to other users of this site.
- By posting, uploading or transmitting any material on or through this site, you hereby grant SciVera a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide license to use, copy, sublicense, modify, transmit, publicly perform or display that material, and your name and location (city, state and / or country), if you provide that information to us, in connection with that material, in all media, whether or not now known.
- Persons under the age of eighteen (18) must obtain parental permission before registering for chat rooms or forums or posting, uploading or transmitting material on or through this site. Children under the age of thirteen (13) are not eligible to participate in the chat rooms or forums or otherwise post, upload or transmit material on or through this site.
7. Representation And Warranty.
You agree that you will indemnify and hold harmless SciVera and its directors, officers, employees, members and licensees from any and all claims, liabilities, cost or expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising from (1) your breach of any of the above representations and warranties, or (2) your use of this site.
9. Third Party Content.
This site may contain information provided by third parties. SciVera makes no representation or warranty regarding the accuracy, truth, quality, suitability or reliability of such information and is not responsible for any errors, omissions, or inaccuracies contained in any information provided by such third parties. SciVera does not endorse, warrant or guarantee any products or services offered on this site. We are not a party to, and do not monitor, any transaction between users and third party providers of products or services.
10. Disclaimer Of Warranties.
The contents of this site, including, without limitation, the materials, are provided “as is,” and SCIVERA makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, with respect to this SITE, ITS contents OR PRODUCTS OFFERED ON THIS SITE. SciVera disclaims all representations and warranties of any kind, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and noninfringement.
You agree that the use of this site is at your own risk. SciVera does not warrant that the function or operation of this site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available will be free of viruses or other harmful elements. We are not responsible for any damage to your computer or loss of data that results from the download of material or information from this site. You must assume full responsibility for any costs associated with servicing of equipment used in connection with the use of this site.
SciVera does not represent or warrant that the information accessible via this site is accurate, complete or current. This site could contain typographical errors or technical inaccuracies. We reserve the right to add to, change or delete its content or any part thereof without notice.
Information on this site is provided to the public as a source of general information and should not be used as the basis for formulating business decisions. This information is not comparable to, and should not be used in substitution for, professional advice given with full knowledge of the specific circumstances of each case and proficiency in the laws of the relevant jurisdiction. We emphasize that trademark and related intellectual property laws vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Therefore, information included on this site will not be relevant to or accurate for all jurisdictions.
11. Limitation Of Liability.
Neither SciVera nor any of its officers, members, directors, affiliates, employees or other representatives will be liable for any incidental, indirect, special, consequential or exemplary damages or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with the use of this site or any information contained herein even if advised of the possibility thereof. This limitation of liability is comprehensive and applies to all damages of any kind, including, without limitation, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties.
You have sole responsibility for adequate protection and backup of data and / or equipment used in connection with this site and agree, by using this site, that you will not make any claim against SciVera for lost data, re-run time, inaccurate output, work delays or lost profits resulting from the use of the materials. As a visitor to and a user of this site, you, in effect, agree that all access and use of this site and its contents are at your own risk.
12. Links To Third Party Sites.
Any other websites that are accessible via links on this site are not under the control of SciVera. We are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to the information contained in such sites. SciVera provides the linked sites only as a convenience and the inclusion of any such link on this site does not imply SciVera’ endorsement of this site, the organization operating such site, or any products or services of that organization. Your linking to any off-site pages or other sites is entirely at your own risk. Under no circumstances will we be held responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage that is caused or alleged to have been caused to you in connection with your use of, or reliance on, any content, goods or services available on any other site. We further disclaim all liability for any legal or other consequences (including for infringement of third party rights) of links to this site made by users of this site.
15. Governing Law.
16. Complete Agreement.
18. International Users.
This site is controlled and operated within the United States. SciVera makes no representation that content, materials or products available on or through this site are appropriate or available for use outside of the United States. If you access this site from a location outside the United States, you are responsible for compliance with applicable laws, including U.S. export laws and regulations.
19. Contacting Us.
PO Box 142
Charlottesville, VA 22902